In 2021, marketing continues to evolve and change, but one trend which has seen significant growth over a number of years, is the use of video in advertising. Done correctly, video marketing can boost sales and propel your brand into new growth.
Focus on the Consumers
- The average online watch time has increased by 26% Per Year since 2019.
- Social video receives more than 12x as many shares as content with photo or text.
- 64% of all consumers are likely to make a purchase after watching a brand's social videos.
- Video sees a 95% message retention rate, vs only 10% when reading it in text.
- 68% of consumers prefer watching videos to learn about new products or services, as compared with articles.
- 82% of users would prefer to watch a video than to read posts on social media.
- The ideal length for an ad is 6-10 seconds.
- Website visits that come from a user-generated video are nearly 3x as likely to purchase and spend nearly 50% more.
- Search results on Google show a video thumbnail 26% of the time, with a high click rate.
The effect of video marketing on Business
- Video was voted as the type of content with the highest ROI by 51% of Marketing Professionals.
- Video content is used by 87% of online marketers.
- Video marketers grow revenue 49% quicker than non-video users.
- A 34% higher conversion rate is seen by marketers who incorporate video into their campaigns experience.
- A positive ROI is seen by 87% of video marketers.
- Video seen on a landing page can increase conversions by over 80%.
The Social Stats
- Instagram video ads receive 3x more comment engagement than an image ad would.
- Facebook video is used as one of the main marketing tools for 85% of video marketers.
- On Facebook, videos 16-20 seconds long see the greatest number of views.
- Tweeter video ads receive 10 times more engagement than other ads on the platform.
- Twitter Video Ads see a 50% drop in cost-per-engagement.
After reading these stats, if you still don't feel like video marketing is worth investment, I encourage you to scroll to the top and start reading again. If you do feel like video marketing is something you need for your business, click on the link below and let us guide you through the process of getting started.